The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index The Lost Sailor's Pub

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/30/2012 - Will Hugo?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Listen To The Sounds - Listening Party Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ads






Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: 3/30/2012 - Will Hugo? Reply with quote

Hey, Hugo, wanted to give you the chance to host a show of your choice...

If you don't want it, or can't make it, I'll be picking one for Friday night...

Give a time if you pick a show...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hugo Fugazi



Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 106
Location: Upon the Blue Ridge Mtns.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.

If anybody else is up for it. I'd start at 10. I have got a few things to pick from, but will pokaround and see if I can add one or two more to choose from.

Post back here if any interest.

2 I have in mind right now are good shows I have not listened to for a while: 6/13/87 and 4/3/86. Some sloppy mid 80s fare for a drunken crew.

Edit:

Screw the wishy washy. 10:00 9/12/87. If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right. This is a killer show that all should enjoy

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



I believe is the source

I also would consider hooking any regulars up on Google chat mechanism so that we could change channels if the bullshit gets too deep in the future.

_________________
It's An Obsession But It's Pleasin'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo Fugazi wrote:
OK.

If anybody else is up for it. I'd start at 10. I have got a few things to pick from, but will pokaround and see if I can add one or two more to choose from.

Post back here if any interest.

2 I have in mind right now are good shows I have not listened to for a while: 6/13/87 and 4/3/86. Some sloppy mid 80s fare for a drunken crew.

Edit:

Screw the wishy washy. 10:00 9/12/87. If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right. This is a killer show that all should enjoy

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



I believe is the source

I also would consider hooking any regulars up on Google chat mechanism so that we could change channels if the bullshit gets too deep in the future.

I'll be there at 10...

What BS are you referring too? People coming into the chatroom and being dicks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hugo Fugazi



Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 106
Location: Upon the Blue Ridge Mtns.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. Don't need it.

_________________
It's An Obsession But It's Pleasin'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys end up listening to 9/12/87?

Planned on attending, but something came up.

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we did. And since apparently a 1987 show is just too long for one sitting, even with no set break - Drumz were skipped. Confused

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GracefulDuck



Joined: 26 Mar 2011
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamiGD80s wrote:
Yes, we did. And since apparently a 1987 show is just too long for one sitting, even with no set break - Drumz were skipped. Confused


You're joking, right? 1987 shows too long?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GracefulDuck wrote:
swamiGD80s wrote:
Yes, we did. And since apparently a 1987 show is just too long for one sitting, even with no set break - Drumz were skipped. Confused


You're joking, right? 1987 shows too long?


Yes a little sarcasm there.

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swami was upset with us... but, we got through the show in the end. It was a grueling affair! Hahahaha...

Swami, you didn't hang until the end though either way?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
Swami was upset with us... but, we got through the show in the end. It was a grueling affair! Hahahaha...

Swami, you didn't hang until the end though either way?


I hung in there but had a phone call towards the end. Re-listened to the Dew and Lovelight the next morning. Skipping Drumz is not a big deal, and for the record I think that the decision should be up to the host. I certainly would not choose to do so when I am hosting an LP, but I get it. I was kind of out of it in general Friday night.

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamiGD80s wrote:
Kochman wrote:
Swami was upset with us... but, we got through the show in the end. It was a grueling affair! Hahahaha...

Swami, you didn't hang until the end though either way?


I hung in there but had a phone call towards the end. Re-listened to the Dew and Lovelight the next morning. Skipping Drumz is not a big deal, and for the record I think that the decision should be up to the host. I certainly would not choose to do so when I am hosting an LP, but I get it. I was kind of out of it in general Friday night.

Yeah, Hugo and I were both fading at that point, losing steam, as well... that's why we made the decision. I suggested it I think, but he made the call... probably. Doesn't matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Listen To The Sounds - Listening Party Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
c d
e



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.it free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa
Confirmed

Page generation time: 0.298