Happy SS everyone. So here it goes - I actually didn't realize there were so many 6/21 shows, and I confess that I have not heard a good number of them. I will speak to my area of expertise: the 80s.
Here's how I would rank the Summer Solstice shows of the 80s:
1. 06-21-83 Merriweather Post Pav.
- Unreal show, mammoth Phil. Sick Terrapin-Estimated-Eyes
2. 06-21-89 Shoreline
- Epic performance shined on pay-per-view. Great Ship of Fools in there.
3. 06-21-80 West High Auditorium
- Another famous and solid performance. Station into Playin is peak stuff.
4. 06-21-85 Alpine Valley
- Underrated slice of the Alpine! Very cheeeesy Bob Weir this night.
5. 06-21-84 Kingswood Music Thr.
- Fun show, very loose nice triple encore. Hot Scarlet-Fire.
6. 06-21-87 Greek Theatre
- Space-Masterpiece (need I say more?). Ok I will - Fingers and Doll.
7. 06-21-86 Greek Theatre
- Quality decent, quantity lacking.
So chime in on these and all the others as we celebrate the sunshine of summer.
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.