I know it's kindnof broad but I would like to hear about all your favorite moments that have had to do with the band. It doesn't have to be just just none moment, please feel free to write as many as you want. I'm going to write some myself. I just love hearing stories about how the greatest band of all time has affected their lives in good ways and maybe even some negative ways.
So here goes nothing guys on the how the band has affected my life.
1. My wife is young and doesn't like the Grateful Dead in any way shape or form. It's all good though because I keep rotating shows on my eyepod, and I listen to at least 1 whole show a day. It's a way for me to relax after I come how from work, and I'm all stresses out. I love to listen to the different years and hear how the boys evolved, and how they use so many different forms of music to take make a smog...jazz, rock, bluegrass, it's just all there.
2. I got to spend the majority of time growing up going to Dead shows. It was incredible. I met so many people on the road that I am forever grateful to, that helped on the way, and made it all possible.
3. The tapers. Without them we wouldn't be where we are today. I'm jamming out to a show from 1978 right now, that I would not have been able to so, and INJUST WANT TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO MADE THAT ALL POSSIBLE.
4. The Gratefuk Dead have affected my life in so many ways there aren't enough words for me to even say what I mean. I mean no matter what kind of mood I'm in the boys always end up grounding me. It's kind of a stupid thing to say but if they never existed I wonder if my life would have been different.
5. Take this forum or other forums for example, if the never existed neither would they, and I have met so many people on this forum that are just so cool, and helpful and I don't know.....I krone know what else to say. I ave so much more to say but I can't seem to put it into words. I guess the last thing I'll say is thanks to everyone on here, and especially thank you to the band for making this all possible.
So the point is I would have love to hear from other heads out there about how the band has affected them. How their lives would have been different without them.
Hopefully this thread will generate some converatioms because I think it woulsmbe cool to hear what other heads have to say.
Peace And b Wild
NOBODY NOTICES WHAT I DO UNTIL I STOP DOING IT!!!!! fucking bullshit if you ask me, because I always have to explain what I'm doing. Miss the old days of touring and not having a care in the world.