The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index The Lost Sailor's Pub

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Honeymoon Tapes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Captain Trips & His Crews (JGB, LOM, Etc.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ads






Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
skobud
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: The Honeymoon Tapes Reply with quote

I just wanted to give this fine compilation props for being such a treasured part of my collection....I have listened to this one at least as many times as any recording I have of any artist, GD included. All time fav of mine and killer sound to boot. Everyone I have ever played it for (non heads included) seems to dig it. Cheers to this one...

Cheers

Jerry Garcia &
The David Grisman Quintet
05/xx/92 Warfield Theater
San Francisco, CA



1. The Thrill Is Gone
2. Rosalie McFall
3. The Fields Have Turned Brown
4. 16x16
5. Sitting In Limbo
6. Oh, The Wind And Rain
7. Louis Collins
8. Bag's Grove
9. When I First Unto This Country
10. Long Black Veil
11. Shady Grove
12. Down Where The River Bends
13. She Belongs To Me


Notes: Garcia & Grisman. This tape is a mix tape of the 5 night Garcia/
Grisman run (May 7 - May 11, 1992). The tape was given to David Gans
by David Grisman for Gan's Grateful Dead Hour program. The tape was
subsequently stolen from Gans and put into circulation.
Back to top
nickJ



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 448
Location: ithaca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES. Good call. Big, big favorite of mine and my household in general. Official release material for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grateful_nirvanA



Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 525
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I got this. I was really excited to hear this version of Sitting In Limbo as I expected it to be the one Gans had played on the GDHour. I think the program was aired in the mid '90s and the Limbo opened the show. Sadly, it is not the version Gans aired. That version is amazing!

And, since I haven't seen any thread for Garcia/Grisman releases (other than this non-release and the info on the expanded Pizza Tapes), I'd offer my two cents that Not For Kids Only is a pretty fun listen! Just check out Arkansas Traveler and you will be quite amused, I promise!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dogstarz
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grateful_nirvanA wrote:
I remember when I got this. I was really excited to hear this version of Sitting In Limbo as I expected it to be the one Gans had played on the GDHour. I think the program was aired in the mid '90s and the Limbo opened the show. Sadly, it is not the version Gans aired. That version is amazing!

And, since I haven't seen any thread for Garcia/Grisman releases (other than this non-release and the info on the expanded Pizza Tapes), I'd offer my two cents that Not For Kids Only is a pretty fun listen! Just check out Arkansas Traveler and you will be quite amused, I promise!


Over at the Garcia downloads there is some Garcia/Grisman action.

1991-02-02 Garica/Grisman
My copy of this show is all sorts of chopped up. Very incomplete some good playing and decent quality. Just missing half the show.
Walkin' Boss
Jam
When First Unto This Country
Handsome Cabin Boy
I Truly Understand
Poison Glass of Wine
Man Of Constant Sorrow
Stage banter/Tuning
Sweet Sunny South
Off To Sea
Russian Lullaby
Arabia

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



Well this is the only show posted, for some reason I thought I uploaded more shows.
Back to top
Grateful_nirvanA



Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 525
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that mashed up mess too, and it is a very good listen. I also have 90 minutes of the following day from my old cassette master that's also pretty nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogstarz wrote:
Grateful_nirvanA wrote:
I remember when I got this. I was really excited to hear this version of Sitting In Limbo as I expected it to be the one Gans had played on the GDHour. I think the program was aired in the mid '90s and the Limbo opened the show. Sadly, it is not the version Gans aired. That version is amazing!

And, since I haven't seen any thread for Garcia/Grisman releases (other than this non-release and the info on the expanded Pizza Tapes), I'd offer my two cents that Not For Kids Only is a pretty fun listen! Just check out Arkansas Traveler and you will be quite amused, I promise!


Over at the Garcia downloads there is some Garcia/Grisman action.

1991-02-02 Garica/Grisman
My copy of this show is all sorts of chopped up. Very incomplete some good playing and decent quality. Just missing half the show.
Walkin' Boss
Jam
When First Unto This Country
Handsome Cabin Boy
I Truly Understand
Poison Glass of Wine
Man Of Constant Sorrow
Stage banter/Tuning
Sweet Sunny South
Off To Sea
Russian Lullaby
Arabia

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



Well this is the only show posted, for some reason I thought I uploaded more shows.


There is a great video circulating from the next night.


Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



Jerry Garcia and David Grisman
February 3rd, 1991
Warfield Theater,
San Francisco, CA

Provided by Tom. Capture by Ray.
Author by artisgilmore.

Video: AUD (Tripod) > Low Gen Hi8 > Sony DCR-TRV480 >
Firewire > Vegas 6 (.avi) > HD > Vegas 9 > Mpeg-2 @
8mbps NTSC 4:3 720X480, 29.97 fps > DVDLab Pro 2

Audio: Double Mono Soundboard feed into camera > Low Gen
Hi8 > Sony DCR-TRV480 > Firewire > Vegas 6 (.avi) >
Vegas 9 > 16/48 LPCM 1.5 Mbs

DVD 1
01. Walkin' Boss
02. Instrumental
03. When First Unto This Country
04. Handsome Cabin Boy
05. I Truly Understand*
06. Poison Glass Of Wine
07. Man Of Constant Sorrow
08. Sweet Sunny South**
09. Two Soldiers
10. Take Me
11. Grateful Dawg
00:53:37

DVD 2
Set Two:
01. Thrill Is Gone
02. Old Rocking Chair
03. So What?
04. Off To Sea Once More
05. Friend Of The Devil
06. Dawg's Waltz
07. Russian Lullaby
00:51:06

DVD 3
01. Arabia
02. E: Ripple
Filler: 2/2/91 Rehearsal***
03. Setup, Banter, Tuning
04. Eat My Dust x 2
05. Take Me
06. Thrill is Gone
07. Old Rocking Chair
01:01:07

Notes:
-Lineage on menus is incorrect. Source is Low Gen Hi8, NOT 1st Gen VHS
-First 8 songs are just Jerry & David
-Joe Craven (perc) & Jim Kerwin (bass) from Two Soldiers through Arabia

*w/ Jerry on banjo, David on guitar
**w/ Jerry and David on banjo
***contains fragments of many other songs than the ones listed
Back to top
skobud
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have this vid but I dont remember it being three DVD's....Hmm, anyways thanks for the heads up...Ill be checkin it tonight when I get home to see..
Back to top
dogstarz
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this entire run. I will try to post it with in the next month as time permits. I must say the Honeymoon Tapes are the best quality but this run is so good!!!
Back to top
tizi



Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 985
Location: Lost somewhere in the Northen Adriatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogstarz wrote:
I have this entire run. I will try to post it with in the next month as time permits. I must say the Honeymoon Tapes are the best quality but this run is so good!!!


Thanks!!!! I was hoping that someone would step up and say so Very Happy

_________________
I mean, sports are big, big, big business. (Phil Lesh)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Captain Trips & His Crews (JGB, LOM, Etc.) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
c d
e



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.it free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa
Confirmed

Page generation time: 0.255