The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index The Lost Sailor's Pub

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wharf Rat

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Songs Sang Aboard The Ship Of Fools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ads






Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Wharf Rat Reply with quote

Surprisingly, I don't think there has ever been a Wharf Rat thread...

I am looking for some beautiful, well sung Wharf Rats.
As far as intensity is concerned, 7/1/78 takes the cake.

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this song is currently experiencing a revival in my mind after a long period of snubbing it... this started when it overtook Stella Blue in my head recently...

As for specific dates... I don't really have any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check 6/9/93 for a killer Wharf jam near the end of a way under the radar 93 show.
Back to top
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites is 10/8/83 - Jerry sings with passion and does some great solos.

Two of the best IMO are 12/28/78 and 12/31/78.
12/28 is notable for Jerry yelling to an overly loud Keith "Quiet!" during the soulful bridge. Also its a rippin version. 12/31 is a great version that rolls into Saint Stephen>Good Lovin. The highlights of an overrated show.

I also dig 4/3/85 and 4/3/87. I'll think of some more as this is one of my all time favorite ballads.

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow_and_rain wrote:
Check 6/9/93 for a killer Wharf jam near the end of a way under the radar 93 show.

If I recall, that show starts with a great H>S>F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
snow_and_rain wrote:
Check 6/9/93 for a killer Wharf jam near the end of a way under the radar 93 show.

If I recall, that show starts with a great H>S>F


yep. also has a great bertha, china>rider and terrapin.
Back to top
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It puts me off a little, that show, because of the Women R Smarter into Wave to the Wind... an unfortunate coupling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
It puts me off a little, that show, because of the Women R Smarter into Wave to the Wind... an unfortunate coupling


True, and they botch Women R a bit. I actually think that's one of the better Wave to the Winds that I've heard though. Still not great, but pretty good delivery.
Back to top
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty certain I have listened to this show though, even with the dynamic duo there. My love of 93 pushes me through such hard moments.

I think I need to do some more 93 listening... some more Dec 93 wouldn't be a bad choice. Maybe there is a wharf rat in one? hahaha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two versions that I have always enjoyed but slipped my mind while I was creating this thread are 11/6/77 and 6/8/77(cool little intro).
Pretty much any version from '76 is just exactly perfect as well.

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great one is 9/27/76 - Help>Slip>Drums>Other One>Wharf Rat>Slip>Franklins>R&R

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget this little gem...

2/18/71 - Dark Star > Wharf> Dark Star
Back to top
dogstarz
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow_and_rain wrote:
Let's not forget this little gem...

2/18/71 - Dark Star > Wharf> Dark Star


The first one is excellent. That Port Chester show is an all time classic.
Back to top
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4/26/71 is also a classic.
Back to top
dylan&theded



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 640

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goes great with a bit of st. stephen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version

3-15-90 Cap Centre
-may qualify as a "beautiful, well sung" version

9-4-83 Park West
-great version with sick ending jam

11-21-85 Kaiser
-Kochman special awesome rendition

6-24-85 Riverbend
-2nd post-space ballad great energy and tempo

6-30-88 Rochester
-represents the late-80s versions exceptionally well

4-17-82 Hartford
-cant leave this one out, very crisp 82 action

11-2-84 B.C.T.
-surprise! pre-drumz version

7-18-76 Orpheum
-part of the epic 2nd set jam sequence

11-1-90 London
-out of the darkness comes light

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamiGD80s wrote:
There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version

3-15-90 Cap Centre
-may qualify as a "beautiful, well sung" version

9-4-83 Park West
-great version with sick ending jam

11-21-85 Kaiser
-Kochman special awesome rendition

6-24-85 Riverbend
-2nd post-space ballad great energy and tempo

6-30-88 Rochester
-represents the late-80s versions exceptionally well

4-17-82 Hartford
-cant leave this one out, very crisp 82 action

11-2-84 B.C.T.
-surprise! pre-drumz version

7-18-76 Orpheum
-part of the epic 2nd set jam sequence

11-1-90 London
-out of the darkness comes light


good calls!!! I forgot about 9/4/83 - recently listened to that and you are correct sir!

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rgerbel



Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it is because of the guitar playing rather than the singing, which is still good, 5/7/77 is one of my favorites, particularly if the "Wheel" version proceeding it is included. Another favorite from the same year is 11/6/77, with the highlight being the very energetic guitar part in the break instrumental part. This would be an even better version if Keith were quieter in the mix and if he hadn't played the same chord structure over and over and over at one time.

I also agree with the Gopher about 76 versions being outstanding. I really like the Wharf Rat sandwiched on both ends with Dancin from 10/10/76 and the 7/18/76 version has a well deserved rep, as Swami noted.

I wanted to check it out before including it, but 7/8/78 also is very good. Really like the intro. I think the singing manages to be both intense and quiet/gentle at the same time, which really fits this song. I assume it is Jerry who also does a "shush" with this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamiGD80s wrote:
There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version



Listening to the 2nd set right now. Wharf Rat might be a good one, but the Playin'>UJB is one big train wreck. Bobs vocals are totally out of synch with the band during the first and second Playin verses, and UJB is disjointed with blown vocals left and right. The post drums is definitely where its at for this one.

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duderino wrote:
swamiGD80s wrote:
There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version



Listening to the 2nd set right now. Wharf Rat might be a good one, but the Playin'>UJB is one big train wreck. Bobs vocals are totally out of synch with the band during the first and second Playin verses, and UJB is disjointed with blown vocals left and right. The post drums is definitely where its at for this one.



Never disagreed with anything more in my life regarding a GD musical passage.

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamiGD80s wrote:
Duderino wrote:
swamiGD80s wrote:
There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version



Listening to the 2nd set right now. Wharf Rat might be a good one, but the Playin'>UJB is one big train wreck. Bobs vocals are totally out of synch with the band during the first and second Playin verses, and UJB is disjointed with blown vocals left and right. The post drums is definitely where its at for this one.



Never disagreed with anything more in my life regarding a GD musical passage.


I agree in part with Duderino. Bob's vocals are atrocious in Playin. He sounds fucked up. Also, they sound out of tune, almost as if the tape is warped or something. Pretty hot Playin jam tho. But yeah, UJB sounds like an uninspired mess to me. It's not just all the blown lyrics, the musical performance is way off too.

"How does the song go?"
Back to top
chingsinkly



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 584
Location: mass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow_and_rain wrote:
swamiGD80s wrote:
Duderino wrote:
swamiGD80s wrote:
There are so many great versions.

Here are 10 that come to mind:

4-7-84 Irvine Meadows
-probably always will be my favorite version



Listening to the 2nd set right now. Wharf Rat might be a good one, but the Playin'>UJB is one big train wreck. Bobs vocals are totally out of synch with the band during the first and second Playin verses, and UJB is disjointed with blown vocals left and right. The post drums is definitely where its at for this one.



Never disagreed with anything more in my life regarding a GD musical passage.


I agree in part with Duderino. Bob's vocals are atrocious in Playin. He sounds fucked up. Also, they sound out of tune, almost as if the tape is warped or something. Pretty hot Playin jam tho. But yeah, UJB sounds like an uninspired mess to me. It's not just all the blown lyrics, the musical performance is way off too.

"How does the song go?"


careful treading in swamis waters Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swamiGD80s
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 1801
Location: Atlantic Beach, FL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Playin-UJB from Irvine Meadows is incredibly blissful and well-performed. I have no clue where these criticisms are coming from, aside from a blown lyric by Brent in the "it's a buck dancer's..." section. The jamming and transition during this passage is awesome, and includes some wild Bob Weir guitar tones with powerful Lesh. Jerry is in a groove the entire set from the opening chords of Iko.

Not to mention the nice little Uncle John's outtro in which Phil drops some intense bombs in a musical reprise just before the Drumz take over into Xylo land. How anyone can listen properly to this Playin-UJB and say that it is anything less than top-notch stuff is beyond me.

I guess some folks here are more concerned about mistake-free, polished Grateful Dead. Well - that ain't what 1984 was about. Irvine Meadows is precisely what 84 jamming was trying to accomplish - groove, intensity, fun. Also this show boasts one of Bob Weir's best guitar performances of all-time.

Personally I don't give a flying [CENSORED] how many lyrics they remember or how Jerry's voice sounds on that night. Sorry but this Irvine Meadows performance absolutely crushes anything from the East Coast Spring Tour, and I'm not that impressed by the lengthy Uncle John's at New Haven. The jamming at Irvine Meadows was spacier, Weir'der, and provided a better payoff at its conclusion (transition into UJB, transition from UJB-Drumz, transition from Space-Spanish, and transition from Spanish-OtherOne).

Do I have a strong opinion here? Sure do - it's quite possibly my favorite show of all-time (top 2 or 3).

_________________
Even the blind man knows when the rain is falling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no offense Swami. I just didn't really dig it. I did think the jams were pretty good, especially in Playin. And yes, the vocals are important to me. Not paramount, but they are part of the song.

And I haven't even listened to the rest of the show (not even the Wharf yet), so maybe the rest is better. I just don't know.
Back to top
sugarmag



Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 481

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04-07-84 Wharf Rat is really good Very Happy I had to listen to it after this discussion. Good show!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow_and_rain wrote:
Hey, no offense Swami. I just didn't really dig it. I did think the jams were pretty good, especially in Playin. And yes, the vocals are important to me. Not paramount, but they are part of the song.

And I haven't even listened to the rest of the show (not even the Wharf yet), so maybe the rest is better. I just don't know.


The thing about the Playin I am criticizing is the fact that Weir comes in about 3 steps behind everyone else, taking alot of the power of the song section away. You know I'm a fan of 84 and I saw quite a few shows during that era. I dont really care about lyrical flubs or the occasional mindfart, but IMO on the "song" part of these tunes the screwups go beyond that. That said, they do jam their asses off during this sequence so its not all bad!!

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duderino wrote:
snow_and_rain wrote:
Hey, no offense Swami. I just didn't really dig it. I did think the jams were pretty good, especially in Playin. And yes, the vocals are important to me. Not paramount, but they are part of the song.

And I haven't even listened to the rest of the show (not even the Wharf yet), so maybe the rest is better. I just don't know.


The thing about the Playin I am criticizing is the fact that Weir comes in about 3 steps behind everyone else, taking alot of the power of the song section away. You know I'm a fan of 84 and I saw quite a few shows during that era. I dont really care about lyrical flubs or the occasional mindfart, but IMO on the "song" part of these tunes the screwups go beyond that. That said, they do jam their asses off during this sequence so its not all bad!!

Duderino, since we are completely hijacking this thread, let me hijack it to another destination...
Let's see some Top 64 lists man?!

And, that PITB is awesome, that song is all about the jam once you leave 71 and if you hold 71 PITBs on high... well...
So who really cares if they drop the ball in the pre-jam segment?

Anyhow, Top 64 dude, Top 64... you got great recommendations, let's see 'em! Stand by some shows!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snow_and_rain
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody holds 71 PITBs in very high esteem. I love 71, but it ain't because of the Playins. Anyway, the Playin jam from that show is good, but you can't deny that they utterly botch the lyrics in both PITB and UJB.
Back to top
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
Duderino wrote:
snow_and_rain wrote:
Hey, no offense Swami. I just didn't really dig it. I did think the jams were pretty good, especially in Playin. And yes, the vocals are important to me. Not paramount, but they are part of the song.

And I haven't even listened to the rest of the show (not even the Wharf yet), so maybe the rest is better. I just don't know.


The thing about the Playin I am criticizing is the fact that Weir comes in about 3 steps behind everyone else, taking alot of the power of the song section away. You know I'm a fan of 84 and I saw quite a few shows during that era. I dont really care about lyrical flubs or the occasional mindfart, but IMO on the "song" part of these tunes the screwups go beyond that. That said, they do jam their asses off during this sequence so its not all bad!!

Duderino, since we are completely hijacking this thread, let me hijack it to another destination...
Let's see some Top 64 lists man?!

And, that PITB is awesome, that song is all about the jam once you leave 71 and if you hold 71 PITBs on high... well...
So who really cares if they drop the ball in the pre-jam segment?

Anyhow, Top 64 dude, Top 64... you got great recommendations, let's see 'em! Stand by some shows!

I've been super busy with house remodeling, working my ass off with current job and getting a new job. I'll get around to it but not this week - going on vacation . Re: playin' - I like the lyric/song part so when it's messed up, me no likey.

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, less time hijacking, more time list writing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wharf Rat Reply with quote

Gopher wrote:

As far as intensity is concerned, 7/1/78 takes the cake.


Correction - 6/30/79 Shocked Shocked
10/24/79 Wharf Rat>Playin' Reprise is also pretty fucking crazy, as is the entire 2nd set...wild and funky Scarlet>Fire that flew under the radar for too long.

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
christo



Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listened to the wharf rat from the red rocks show 7/8/78 recently. Really enjoyed the wharf rat from that show. Jerry intros with a particularly beautiful passage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lucasmcain



Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 1356

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9/28/72

They come out of the stratosphere and deliver a nice mellow version and take their time with it. The way the songs ends is just short of perfection. No segue into another tune. It just slips away insrument by instument and ends. A great version!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IMKind



Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 508
Location: The Here and Now

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow_and_rain wrote:
Let's not forget this little gem...

2/18/71 - Dark Star > Wharf> Dark Star


Indeed...First time Wharf Rat was played live. Jerry's voice is so strong, and to have it sandwiched between Dark Star movements....doesn't get much better than that!

_________________
- Reid

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More!

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aikowolf



Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved the 1st 2-18-71 too, it justs gets up and flies away as the darkstar jam in melting into pieces.. Beautiful jam may come after, but Phoenix Jam is what I call the before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopher



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1754
Location: NEPA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to 3/3/71...it's worthy!

_________________
He's always lived by the golden rule, that's why he'll never be mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chinarider79



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 547
Location: East Falls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/27/94 - Oakland

the Cosmic Charlie tease that precedes it lingers throughout

_________________
Carve your name in ice and wind....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nickJ



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 448
Location: ithaca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't call them "better" versions, but there are some pre-hiatus ones that really blow my socks off:

5/25/72 - the transitions in and out of this one (UJB>WR>DS) make it really special for me. 4/24 is another fine Europe 72 one, with the residual Dark Star energy really firing it up.
7/1/73
8/4/74 (on Dicks Picks)

I second 7/18/76, too. And I also really like 4/25/77 (that jam back into the Playin reprise is bananas!) and 10/11/77.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chinarider79



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 547
Location: East Falls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5/16/93 Shocked

_________________
Carve your name in ice and wind....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboysth24



Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Posts: 431
Location: Grosvenor Square

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
I am pretty certain I have listened to this show though, even with the dynamic duo there. My love of 93 pushes me through such hard moments.

I think I need to do some more 93 listening... some more Dec 93 wouldn't be a bad choice. Maybe there is a wharf rat in one? hahaha


This is a beautifullll Wharf, and if you are so inclined, the TOO lead in is groovy also...
but the Wharf is really nice for the 90's, which, although it is in my wheelhouse as far as my era, live shows , it is not what I usually search out..
,but I like it, a lot.

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


_________________
Nothings for certain, it can always go wrong.
Come on in when it's raining, go on out when it's gone.


Last edited by cowboysth24 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinarider79 wrote:
5/16/93 Shocked

I remember listening to one of the shows of this run with Swami... not sure which. Anyhow, we were not impressed, so I am going to guess this isn't the one we heard.
Will check this out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chinarider79



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 547
Location: East Falls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
chinarider79 wrote:
5/16/93 Shocked

I remember listening to one of the shows of this run with Swami... not sure which. Anyhow, we were not impressed, so I am going to guess this isn't the one we heard.
Will check this out.

oddly enough, I got this recommendation from a beanie bear..... the beginning of Wharf is unimpressive, but the ending smokes courtesy of Jerry and the Vin-man

_________________
Carve your name in ice and wind....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curly42



Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hofheinz Pavillion,Houston 14th October 1977 - not the greatest of shows but I
absolutely love the "Wharf Rat".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Songs Sang Aboard The Ship Of Fools All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
c d
e



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.it free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa
Confirmed

Page generation time: 0.554