The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index The Lost Sailor's Pub

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Top 64 Run-off Voting - 1974

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Projects - Swami's 100 Points of Light, March Deadness Top 64, Post-Jerry Collection, etc, etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2010 Top 64 Run-off Voting - 1974 - Does NOT deserve to be in Top 64
6/18/74
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
6/28/74
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
8/6/74
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
10/19/74
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
Ads






Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: 2010 Top 64 Run-off Voting - 1974 Reply with quote

There is a 4 way runoff for 1974's 3 slots...

VOTE FOR THE ONE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE TOP 64

You have 10 days to decide.


Last edited by Kochman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough choice..

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went with 6/18/74... I have just never been that into the show.
That being said, I should've picked 6/28 in reality, because though it has my favorite jam ever, the 1st set is a stinker... therefore, it is not a top show ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
Yeah, I went with 6/18/74... I have just never been that into the show.
That being said, I should've picked 6/28 in reality, because though it has my favorite jam ever, the 1st set is a stinker... therefore, it is not a top show ever.

Funny, I picked 6/18/74, but to tell you the truth, I have never even listened to the first set of 6/28/74!

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fillmoreeast



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1645

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with 8/6/74. I don't know if I have listened to 6/28/at all.

_________________
FUM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spencer540



Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fillmoreeast wrote:
Went with 8/6/74. I don't know if I have listened to 6/28/at all.


Surprised You need to get on that, easily my favorite show of the year.

_________________
"JOKING?! Keep in mind, my friend, that this is serious business to most of us losers around here; we are, after all, wasting our precious lives debating these absurd issues. Have a little respect." - dylan&theded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spencer540 wrote:
fillmoreeast wrote:
Went with 8/6/74. I don't know if I have listened to 6/28/at all.


Surprised You need to get on that, easily my favorite show of the year.


The 2nd set of 6/28/74 has what I have LONG considered their best extended jam ever...

It ends after dozens of minutes turns into a rocking U.S. Blues out of nowhere.

Definitely check this out fillmore...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking bad for 8/6/74...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
Looking bad for 8/6/74...


Sort of surprising!! It does not get much better than that Scarlet>Playin>Scarlet!!
I might have to agree with you on the jam from 6/28 - I listened to it in the car the other day. really cool with many themes before it rolls into US Blues

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fillmoreeast



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Posts: 1645

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
spencer540 wrote:
fillmoreeast wrote:
Went with 8/6/74. I don't know if I have listened to 6/28/at all.


Surprised You need to get on that, easily my favorite show of the year.


The 2nd set of 6/28/74 has what I have LONG considered their best extended jam ever...

It ends after dozens of minutes turns into a rocking U.S. Blues out of nowhere.

Definitely check this out fillmore...
Okay. So 6/28 is DP12? If it is I'm quite familiar with it thank you. Agreed. great stuff.

_________________
FUM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duderino wrote:
Kochman wrote:
Looking bad for 8/6/74...


Sort of surprising!! It does not get much better than that Scarlet>Playin>Scarlet!!
I might have to agree with you on the jam from 6/28 - I listened to it in the car the other day. really cool with many themes before it rolls into US Blues

I just realized I wrote Scarlet>Playin>Scarlet when it should be Playin>Scarlet>Playin. DOH!!! although the former would have been interesting...

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit Dave... this aggression will not stand, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duderino



Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 3031
Location: Baltimore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kochman wrote:
Dammit Dave... this aggression will not stand, man.

Very un-Dudelike!

_________________
We used to play for acid, now we play for Clive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8/6/74 is OUTTA THERE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pbnaj



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Just checkin this out and.... Reply with quote

I am obviously late on the initial voting, but how did 5-19 not make it into the 2009 or 2010 top64 for 1974. In interest of figuring this out I listened to these 4 shows being voted on and I am mostly diasppointed. Each and every song in Portland was different from one to the next; almost as if each song was played at a different show. This is what 1974 was known for, variation. Portland was the epitome of 1974 and I think you guys missed one.

_________________
Gwiz$
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kochman
Captain


Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Posts: 10252
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Just checkin this out and.... Reply with quote

pbnaj wrote:
I am obviously late on the initial voting, but how did 5-19 not make it into the 2009 or 2010 top64 for 1974. In interest of figuring this out I listened to these 4 shows being voted on and I am mostly diasppointed. Each and every song in Portland was different from one to the next; almost as if each song was played at a different show. This is what 1974 was known for, variation. Portland was the epitome of 1974 and I think you guys missed one.

Well, unfortunately, the less people vote, the more outlandish the selections...
5/19/74 only got 2 votes...
Perhaps if there had been more participation, it would have been represented more... but maybe not. It's a pretty tough year to compete in! Also, not a lot of slots due to the smaller number of shows...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lost Sailor's Pub Forum Index -> Projects - Swami's 100 Points of Light, March Deadness Top 64, Post-Jerry Collection, etc, etc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
c d
e



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.it free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa
Confirmed

Page generation time: 0.084